The 6th Juried NPS Exhibition
2021 Summer Web Show
Entry deadline: May 15, 2021
Acceptance message: May 22, 2021
Awards announcement: June 01, 2021
Dates of the event: June 01, 2021 - July 30, 2021
Venue: website of National Pastel Society of Russia
2. PRIZE FUND
- Grand Prix - money gift in the amount of 20 000 RUB and a gift in the form of art materials provided by sponsors.
- Golden Prize - money gift in the amount of 5 000 RUB and a gift in the form of art materials provided by sponsors.
- Silver Prize - money gift in the amount of 5 000 RUB and a gift in the form of art materials provided by sponsors.
- Bronze Prize - money gift in the amount of 5 000 RUB and a gift in the form of art materials provided by sponsors.
In addition to that, four artworks will get honorary mention of Judge.
The winners will be declared on the website and social networks of the National Pastel Society.
There will also be a printed catalogue with the artworks of all the participants of the exhibition.
Javad Soleimanpour - president of Pastel Society of Turkey, well-known pastel artist of Iranian origin, teacher.
Andrew McDermott - artist and experienced educator. Andrew teaches at Langara College, Capilano University, and Vancouver Film School in Canada. He is a member of the circle of masters of the International Association of Pastel Societies.
Olga Abramova - artist, teacher, author of articles and books about pastels, president of National Pastel Society of Russia. Olga is a member of the circle of masters of the International Association of Pastel Societies.
Richard McKinley - artist, experienced teacher, president of the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS) in America, author of the book “Pastel Points”.
4. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- Pastel artists from Russia and other countries can take part in the exhibition.
- Age of participants must be over 18.
- Judges and their relatives cannot compete for prizes, but they can show their paintings out of competition.
5. PARTICIPATION FEE
- For NPS members the participation fee is 1000 RUB for the first painting and 300 RUB for every following painting.
- For non-members the participation fee is 1500 RUB for the first painting and 500 RUB for every following painting.
- Every artist is free to submit up to 5 paintings. In case of artwork selection only one painting per artist takes part in the exhibition.
- The participation fee must be paid no later than 15 May 2021. If artworks are not selected for participation, the fees are not refunded.
You can join NPS here.
6. HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in an electronic application form here.
- Download the photo of your painting after making sure it meets all the requirements below.
- Pay the participation fee.
Please follow these instructions carefully when preparing images of paintings:
- The painting must be photographed without a frame, passepartout, or foreign objects.
- Only JPG and JPEG files are accepted.
- The image size must be 1200-2200 pixels on the larger side.
- The files must be 300 dpi.
- The file size must be maximum 10 MB.
- The file name must be written in Latin letters and separated by underscores. The file name must include the author's last name, the name of the painting (without spaces, punctuation marks, or other special characters), year, and size (height x width). For example, ivanov_krasnyi-mak_2018_30х40.jpg.
- It is not allowed to use profanity in the name of the painting.
- Diptychs and triptychs must be downloaded as one image.
The submission deadline is on May 15, 2021.
On May 22, 2021 the artists will be notified of the selection results by email.
The author, by participating in the exhibition, gives his or her consent to the exhibition organizer to use the image for non-commercial purposes to promote the ideas of the exhibition without payment of royalties. At the same time, the author retains the exclusive copyright to the image, both during the exhibition and after its completion.
7. ARTWORK REQUREMENTS
- Artwork must be created with soft pastels (chalk pastel). Presence of other material must be no more than 20%.
- Artwork created with oil pastels are not allowed to participate.
- Paintings must be original. It is prohibited to copy artwork and published materials made by other people. Every participant must guarantee, that his or her painting does not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. In case of a claim from third parties the participant takes full responsibility for his artwork. In case of conflict situations the painting is removed from participation in the exhibition and is deprived of awards.
- Artwork must be created by the author from beginning to end manually, without using any digital or photomechanical techniques.
- Paintings must have been created during the last three years.
- Paintings that have previously participated in NPS exhibitions are not allowed.
- Nude paintings are allowed to participate. The organizer has the right to refuse admission if the artwork can be regarded as immoral.
- Paintings created with a teacher, at a workshop or with the help of on-line demos or tutorials are not allowed to participate.
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements may result in the artwork not being admitted. The organizer has the right to refuse participation if the picture violates human rights or the laws of the Russian Federation.
Attention! For copying other people's works, copyright infringement, or submitting paintings made under the guidance of a teacher, the participant is denied the opportunity to take part in NPS exhibitions for 1 year.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR NPS MEMBERS
Every participant of the exhibition gets 1 point (see the description of the NSP membership levels on the website in the corresponding section).
The winners of the exhibition, who get Grand Prix, golden, silver or bronze prizes, as well as the honorable mention of the judge, receive an additional 1 point.
No additional points are awarded for other prize categories.
The maximum possible number of points received in the exhibition is 2.